Bon Qui Qui Comeback



When MAD TV was a thing (trying to compete with the supreme SNL), there was a character named Bon Qui Qui. It was one of the first skit I saw that made me laugh out loud and got me hooked to MAD TV and SNL on the first place. Watch the video above to see why.

Inexplicably, Bon Qui Qui only lasted one skit (There's that music video but it's not the same). Now and then I rewatch it, laugh, impersonate, and then cry WHY? Then today happened: I visited Alexander Wang's Facebook as I religiously do and of all places there she was, Bon Qui Qui.


I've always said I love Alexander Wang because he keeps making things my picky self would want, but I didn't know that it wasn't exclusive to fashion. Come tomorrow, I'll have another reason why I love Alexander Wang. I'm not entirely sure what will come out of this but to see Bon Qui Qui again is exciting but add in Alexander Wang (at Alexander Wang?) to the equation and it's fashionable joy and laughs. 

What unlikely mash up of my favourites is next? Red velvet cupcakes and Game of Thrones, I'm looking at you.

Update: Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment