T by Alexander Wang Pre-Fall 2012


And bam. Here's another (Alexander Wang post) one:

I was surfing the net (do people still say that?) before I went to bed and discovered that the Pre-Fall 12 for T by Alexander Wang photos were released. As usual, the internet has postponed my sleep much longer than I planned to while I browsed the collection. A few times.

"Coming up with something new every season can be a challenge. Not with Alexander Wang."

The thing with the T line is, at the core, consists of basics. Which isn't a bad thing but coming up with something new every season can be a challenge. Not with Alexander Wang. Wang manages to keep things new by updating the collection with cuts, details and colour often reflecting the theme in the mainline collection.

Plus it doesn't hurt people at Alexander Wang are very good at styling.


For Pre-Fall 2012, Alexander Wang continues to push the limits design wise while still maintaining the attractive price point of the T line. Leather can now be found on pants, jackets and dresses serving as panels mixed with less expensive fabrics. Ruched dresses, previously only available in the mainline, are also now present. Both design features may seem water downed in the T line but the very fact that they're being introduced are welcome additions.

Now on to highlights and my favourite look from the collection...


Sheer dress shirts with over sized front pockets were particularly strong but simple looks and not to mention the design can help avoid public indecency, if you know what I mean.


Dresses with square sleeves also seem universally flattering.


While at the same time, a 90's influence can still be found in some designs (shirt dresses, spaghetti straps and over the knee skirts).

But my personal favourite from this collection? The colour! Specifically the red head to toe look. I've been thinking of wearing an all red outfit for a while now and alas, Alexander Wang read my mind again! I plan to buy the entire outfit and do a gothic inspired look such as this one from Givenchy F/W 10:


And maybe a Miami Vice look too (because I'm cool like that) like this:

via upscalehype

An honourable mention also goes out to the cobalt blue look. Anybody looks good in blue and right now, a blue head to toe looks new. Didn't you know matchy matchy is back?

all photos via style


No comments:

Post a Comment