Hunger Games Book Review




"It's sort of a hybrid between reality shows and the gladiator games."

Confession: I don't read many books. I should but I don't. It's hard for me to commit to a book without getting bored or feeling like I am wasting my time. It takes time to find a compelling book and I simply don't find joy in flipping through book after book.

When I stumbled The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, that all stopped. I finally found a book I was excited to read. In essence, 24 chosen children, called tributes, are forced to fight and kill each other until one wins in you guessed it, The Hunger Games. Surprisingly, it can be found in the teen section at Chapters. It's sort of a hybrid between reality shows and the gladiator games. Conceptually, it sounds extreme and intense and the book definitely delivers on both accounts. It's riveting but it also deals with universal themes like happiness and corruption. This was definitely a page turner especially the one time I decided to read for two hours and ended up reading for seven hours to finish it. Luckily for me, and all of you interested, it's a trilogy.

If you need more convincing to read it, a movie adaptation is coming out on March 23. Given the huge popularity of the book, there's a lot of buzz around it and even being dubbed 'The next Twilight" (this is a smarter series). By the looks of the trailer, it's going to be good - it better be. Check it out after the jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment