Kel Markey


Last year, when I saw Proenza Schouler's F/W 12 the image above got stuck in my head. Not only because the collection and this specific look was a stand out that season, but also because of this gal wearing the clothes. It's like Goldilocks, every thing was just right. Really, this look tempted me - and still do - to cut my hair like this (I haven't but my will power is wearing off).


Her name is Kel Markey, a Florida native who started modelling about 2-3 years ago. She had (the typical) long virgin-like brown hair when she started, but her chopped darker do proved to be the career maker. That's when I noticed her and apparently so did the industry. For F/W 13, Proenza's infatuation with Markey continued with her walking alongside fellow models donning her signature side swept messy manes. And her star is just rising. Walking 33 shows so far this season, it's project to be her best yet.

It fascinates me that the saying 'a haircut can make a career' continues to be true over and over. Agyness Deyn anyone? And the search for mine is still in process. My hair being jet black and albeit longer than Markey had me convinced I could get the same effect (read: the coolest) with this hair cut but I just get failure. I'm also convinced it's too long and if I cut it, it will also result in failure. And tears.  

photo via stylebistro, suprememanagement

No comments:

Post a Comment