New York Diary Post 3


This day was a super early day and it was worth it because it was for Mcqueen. I woke up at 5:30 am and was out of the hotel by 7 am. I was in line for 2 hours and you would not believe how fast the line would grow in the span of 30 minutes. It was exponential. I was maybe the 100th person there so we got in fairly quickly after waiting in line.


 


I have to say it was a great privilege to see Mcqueen. Despite the chaos, it was overwhelming to see the pieces in person. I mean the quality of these were beyond top notch and the creativity and thought behind each single one was substantial. I could not believe I was seeing it! The exhibit pretty much covered all bases when representing Mcqueen's work as a whole. I know there are argument over what art is and if fashion is art but what Mcqueen has done surpasses the barriers of fashion. It's scientific, its poetic, its architecture, and it is most definitely art.

When we left the exhibit, the line was probably a thousand people deep.


After, we decided to go to the Alexander Wang sample sale (it was an Alexander kind of day). It was the final day and that means prices were slashed significantly. It actually wasn't as chaotic as our first time going there. The stock was definitely depleted but still many things to choose from. I ended up just getting black pants that resembled genie pants with cuffed ends.

After that we went to the actual Alexander Wang store. It's beautiful and the fur hammock is a definite highlight. Too cool. As for the clothes, I didn't see the summer collection and the jacket I wanted specifically. Fall collection was there in full force though and I definitely have my eye on a few things come November when everything is on sale. 


We also hit up a few contemporary stores. We went to A.P.C, Helmut Lang, Philip Lim, and Rag and Bone. We looked at Jeffrey Campbell shoes in there somewhere as well. Always nice to go in these stores since they all have a rustic feel to them. Candle burning seemed to be a constant theme.

After that we decided to call it a day and prepare for our last day.

Check out New York Diary Entry 1!
Check out New York Diary Entry 2!
Check out New York Diary Entry 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment