Why I Hate Sweatpants


 "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants." 
 - Karl Lagerfeld

A few weeks ago I was chatting with some friends about yoga and what I wear when I do it. The answer was quite a punchline for everyone in the room but it also brought up the conversation about my complete detestation of sweatpants. I mean, where do I begin?


Check out the rest of the post after the jump...

First, its not exactly figure flattering. Does anybody really look good in bottoms the equivalent of a sweater? And does anybody really want to make their legs appear larger and shapeless? Because if you're answer is yes, then we shouldn't be friends.

via fashionindie

And don't let me get started with designer versions of this ungodly garments. THEY'RE SWEATPANTS. You know that saying, 'You can polish turd all you want, but its still a piece of shit'? Well, it applies to this. Sure, designers can use their design prowess to rid sweatpants of its bad fit but the awful material still remains. Also, the fact that people are willing to shell out the cash for it is absurd. You know what you could buy with that money? A couple of fashion books to read.

For good measure, smack those books on your head and knock some fashion sense in you.

People who wear sweatpants say, 'Oh they're so comfortable' and I call bullshit on it. That is no excuse for looking bad. Being daring and trying something new might be but not sweatpants. Comfortable doesn't have to be a bad word but we need to start putting effort in what we wear. Clothes have emotions and what you wear reflects your state of mind (think about that the next time you look at your outfit). So try not to be negative. And definitely try not to wear sweatpants.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog and I totally agree with this post about sweats! Love the quote from Karl Lagerfeld.I'm a person who also believes that sweatpants aren't the only form of comfort and that people should put more thought into their clothing. I recently wrote a post about this same topic on my own blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy the post. I read your post as well on the topic and I liked it. Love this quote:

    "Never leave the house with sweats. One must always be prepared to meet a dashing stranger or an old enemy."

    Thanks for visiting JERRLIFE!

    ReplyDelete